Ambisonic Overview: Alaska
What's in this sound pack?
For this sound effects library, we traveled across Alaska, from the extreme north to the south coast to capture the spirit of these nordic and wild landscapes: Boreal forests, arctic and alpine tundras, glaciers, rivers, and lakes. Here the soundscapes reflect the extreme weather conditions: Silent ambiances punctuated by the elements: Wind, snow, rain, serving the erosion. In this wilderness, animals remain discreet. We had the chance to capture many birds with our microphones: Owls, ducks, seagulls, trumpeter swans, bald eagles, common ravens, migratory birds, and many other species – and a few other animals: Hoary marmots, arctic marmots, squirrels and moose.
- 20 sound takes recorded in the Boreal Forest.
- 17 sound takes recorded in Tundra environment.
- 17 sound takes recorded in Glacier environment (glacier, ice cavern, icefield)
- 4 sound takes recorded in the Rain Forest of the south coast of Alaska.
- 5 sound takes related to River and creek.
- 3 sound takes related to the Pacific Ocean.
We went to record in these different locations: inside the Arctic Circle to the Brooks Range, Chena River Forest, Denali National Park, Hatcher Pass, Portage Valley, Byron Glacier, Portage Glacier, Harding Icefield, Lowell Point, Lake Louise, Wrangell Saint Elias National Park, Chicken Area, Hyder. All GPS coordinates are include in the sound sheet.
Licensor: Phonography World Library
License Type: Single user / multi-user, royalty-free for personal & commercial use.
Specs: 264 files • 66 sounds • 24bit / 96kHz • 41.0GB • Metagged
Delivery: Digital download link upon purchase